phishhook.com

You're so beautiful, you could be a part-time model.
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:59 pm 

Good times. I got hopslammed at the brick store before the show. Completed the night by polishing off an allstar breakfast plate at the Waffle House.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:04 pm 

I saw them in Sac nearly two years ago, and Austin looked that strung out on stage then. Won't be long for this world if he's kept it up for this long.

I'm still a big fan. I like their catalog, and I could listen to Aijala all day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 am 

darrisphelter wrote:
Good times. I got hopslammed at the brick store before the show. Completed the night by polishing off an allstar breakfast plate at the Waffle House.

I must say this is a fuggin awesome way to spend an evening.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:05 am 

He looked great last night and last year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:13 am 

Jeepers wrote:
I saw them in Sac nearly two years ago, and Austin looked that strung out on stage then. Won't be long for this world if he's kept it up for this long.

I'm still a big fan. I like their catalog, and I could listen to Aijala all day.

So for the dudes that saw them this weekend, how did Austin look?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:48 am 

Looked great and sounded great. I honestly haven't seen him look bad although I usually only get to hit up one show maybe two at the most. I know that he has taken to cooking on the road. I do know that he can kind of get pissed off on stage when people throw shit at him and I have seen that happen. He does look sketched out when that happens. He is a hot head.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 am 

I read online that he is a recovering alcoholic that got sober in 2007. I'm having a hard time reconciling that with the dude I saw on stage in Sac. He looked cratered from hard drugs. His playing was fine, though. It was in a small bar, so I could see him very up close. It was the first thing out of my mouth when he came on--"Whoa, WTF is he on?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:50 am 

darrisphelter wrote:

missed you in my hood... damzit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am 

gunr wrote:
darrisphelter wrote:

ha. thought about shooting you a text but assumed that phook's biggest jetsetter was surfing in costa rica or something along those lines. conisdering the patterson hood show at eddie's attic in a couple of weeks. i'll let you know if i'm in town next time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:06 am 

darrisphelter wrote:
gunr wrote:
darrisphelter wrote:

ha. thought about shooting you a text but assumed that phook's biggest jetsetter was surfing in costa rica or something along those lines. conisdering the patterson hood show at eddie's attic in a couple of weeks. i'll let you know if i'm in town next time.

well... yes - i was in nicaragua, so your instincts were correct. i think i'll be around for patterson weekend. are you going to willie at GATH on wed night?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 am 

it'd be nice to hit that willie show but it takes me a couple of hours to get over to the ATH these days so weekday shows over there are very few and far between. saving most of my vacation for a trip to jamaica and a big camping trip on the west coast. i'll let you know about patterson regardless. we'd be hitting the saturday show with some friends that live in the EAV.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 pm 

was I there?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:20 am 

Going to see them Friday, can't wait!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 am 

blukarma wrote:
Looked great and sounded great. I honestly haven't seen him look bad although I usually only get to hit up one show maybe two at the most. I know that he has taken to cooking on the road. I do know that he can kind of get pissed off on stage when people throw shit at him and I have seen that happen. He does look sketched out when that happens. He is a hot head.

Cooking meth? Cooking food?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 am 

The article I read which I can't find was from a few years ago. He was talking about staying healthier on the road and bringing a small smoker grill with them on tour so he could cook his own food, etc. I don't know if he was, is in recovery. I do know that I've never seen him really look that bad. I have seen him look homicidal at the crowd after getting pegged with a glow stick and or plastic bottle. He does NOT take that shit well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am 

Location: Your softest whisper's louder than the highway's call to me.
he is a total foodie, he's always talking about where he eats prior to shows on his twitter feed

also he talks often about what he cooks at home when he isn't on tour

no idea about whether he is a junkie or not, I don't really care

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 am 

the two nights in Asheville, JA was bug eyed at the start of each set. It was extremely noticeable.

Stevo, I IM'd from the tip top, but you said "too ugh".. . lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 am 

Location: Your softest whisper's louder than the highway's call to me.
januszak wrote:
the two nights in Asheville, JA was bug eyed at the start of each set. It was extremely noticeable.

i think he's looked more bug eyed ever since he got lasik and ditched the glasses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm 

januszak wrote:

Stevo, I IM'd from the tip top, but you said "too ugh".. . lol

Yeah normally we check in and sometimes even hit the gym before starting our party. This time we had a driver and started in our driveway in Rocky Face around noon. I probably meant too high but too ugh works too... LOL!