phishhook.com

Horse will participate
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 am 

Every job or task I do repeatedly, I get better at it. With driving, for a lot of people, their driving skills seem to diminish the longer they drive. I just don't get it. Lots of people die everyday because of bad driving, yet nobody wants to seriosly address the issue.

aaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh
/rant

Last edited by phishingruven01 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:03 am 

Too many distractions now.

I find myself counting how many people are looking down at their phones instead of the road. This, in turn, distracts me from looking at the road :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:04 am 

they suck at driving bad? So they drive pretty well?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 am 

It's a certainty of life.

death, taxes, and bad driving

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:07 am 

Edit for manida

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:34 am 

the biggest problem is that most drivers just arent paying attention at all to the task at hand. I get so pissed at people that refuse to use turn signals, people that dont go when the light turns green, people that drive in the left at or below the posted speed limit and arent even looking in their rearview mirror to see if someone's coming up on them fast... I cant count the number of drivers yacking on their phones, texting, shaving, eating, pickin their noses n'at... hell, I once saw a dude reading a newspaper while driving on the interstate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:47 am 

Yeah, the most basic shit learned in drivers ed, people have no clue. Turn signals, yielding, 4 way stops.
It's an epidemic. And nobody cares.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:16 am 

If you're turning and there is a turn lane, GET THE FUCK IN IT!! ALL THE WAY!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 am 

GiddyTomato wrote:

and do it NOW and not right at the intersection!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:22 am 

phishingruven01 wrote:
Yeah, the most basic shit learned in drivers ed, people have no clue. Turn signals, yielding, 4 way stops.
It's an epidemic. And nobody cares.

Your head would explode in this town :lol: I thought I was going to have a stroke behind the wheel yesterday, I swear it.

BonnieLee wrote:
I can get a fire hose up my ass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:23 am 

Location: The man you trusted wasn't Wavy Gravy at all! And all this time, I've been smoking harmless tobacco!
We just need to put up signs all over that say...

THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:26 am 

Yesterday I was in the turn lane and the lady in front of me decided she didn't want to turn. She held everybody up while she waited for a chance to get in the other lane to go straight. I got about three inches from her bumper and laid on the fucking horn. As she was changing lanes the light turned red and I had to wait for my turn arrow to cycle through again.

CMontgomeryBurns wrote:
We just need to put up signs all over that say...

THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING!

I don't really care how fast I go in the left lane as long as we are going faster then the slow lane. Once both lanes start going about the same speed I get angry.

edit - Hey CMB - Fucking people on Beltline getting on at Division (or even River Rd.), getting into the left lane, then holding everyone up while they try to get off at Delta. :x :x :x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:33 am 

City driving is the worst. Actually, any traffic sucks. I'm simply in awe at how retarded our country has become.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:36 am 

Location: when you in diapers and wetting the sheets, i was at the ponderosa rappin to the beat
phones and all the gadgets that come in new cars.....i drive 40 miles each way to work, lots of freeway, there are more people on the phone than not every. single. day.
your car takes you from a-to-b, it's not an office/restaurant/day care center.

people can't drive and talk....they weave into your lane, brake for no reason, are oblivious to anyone behind them (what are these mirrors for again), and generally don't care about anyone but themselves on the road.

you can honk/yell at them all day but they'll never get it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:37 am 

geddylee1 wrote:
GiddyTomato wrote:

and do it NOW and not right at the intersection!

CHHHHHYEEAAAAHHHH!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:42 am 

stt wrote:
phones and all the gadgets that come in new cars.....i drive 40 miles each way to work, lots of freeway, there are more people on the phone than not every. single. day.
your car takes you from a-to-b, it's not an office/restaurant/day care center.

people can't drive and talk....they weave into your lane, brake for no reason, are oblivious to anyone behind them (what are these mirrors for again), and generally don't care about anyone but themselves on the road.

you can honk/yell at them all day but they'll never get it.

Exactly
No body cares
More lives are lost in car accidents than mass shootings. People want to spend hours and hours and millions and millions to save 5 lives from guns. But when you mention that, people get super defensive.

Cars are something more people use every single day than guns, and die becase of bad drivers.

Appearently a gun death is more important than a car death.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 am 

Location: when you in diapers and wetting the sheets, i was at the ponderosa rappin to the beat
i'd like to see all phones disabled when you enter a vehicle, should be phone-free zone IMO - the only call that would actually get thru is to 911 in case of emergency. instead, car makers are making the car a wifi hotspot. you can live w/o your status updates for 15 minutes while you drive somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:49 am 

stt wrote:
i'd like to see all phones disabled when you enter a vehicle, should be phone-free zone IMO - the only call that would actually get thru is to 911 in case of emergency. instead, car makers are making the car a wifi hotspot. you can live w/o your status updates for 15 minutes while you drive somewhere.

Even for passengers?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:51 am 

Doesn't matter. If it wasn't the phone it would be something else. I've seen dude reading newspapers or books while driving and women putting makeup on.
People just do it so much they get complacent. It's just like getting a speeding ticket. Right after that you are super cautious but it doesn't take long for that to start fading away

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:52 am 

the gun comparison: you have to have a license to drive a car...and insurance...and state involvement when transferring titles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:52 am 

Location: He just sticks his face right in front of his fuckin' head.
Magilla wrote:
the biggest problem is that most drivers just arent paying attention at all to the task at hand. I get so pissed at people that refuse to use turn signals, people that dont go when the light turns green, people that drive in the left at or below the posted speed limit and arent even looking in their rearview mirror to see if someone's coming up on them fast... I cant count the number of drivers yacking on their phones, texting, shaving, eating, pickin their noses n'at... hell, I once saw a dude reading a newspaper while driving on the interstate.

This kind of shit drives me batty. Like, if you're first in line at a red light, it's your damned JOB to keep an eye on it and GO when it turns green.

A coworker of mine is British and I was chatting with her yesterday about moving overseas. She said she was really surprised how easy it was to pass her driving test here. She was like, "that's it? Are you sure you don't want me to do more?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:54 am 

is road head an acceptable excuse for driving bad?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 am 

manida wrote:
the gun comparison: you have to have a license to drive a car...and insurance...and state involvement when transferring titles

Leaglly.
There are thousands and thousands who drive without a license and/or insurance.
its regulated and people still die.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 am 

phishingruven01 wrote:
stt wrote:

Even for passengers?

yes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:58 am 

stt wrote:
phishingruven01 wrote:
stt wrote:

Even for passengers?

yes

How will phanners navigate on terr?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:01 am 

Location: The man you trusted wasn't Wavy Gravy at all! And all this time, I've been smoking harmless tobacco!
Simonie wrote:
I don't really care how fast I go in the left lane as long as we are going faster then the slow lane. Once both lanes start going about the same speed I get angry.

edit - Hey CMB - Fucking people on Beltline getting on at Division (or even River Rd.), getting into the left lane, then holding everyone up while they try to get off at Delta. :x :x :x

As long as you're moving faster in the left lane than the other lanes are moving, you are using the left lane properly. This indicates that you are among those that understand the role that the left lane plays.

As for the beltline... :lol: The beltline/delta highway meeting was always the worst part of Eugene rush minute. Seriously. Fucking chaos. I don't blame the drivers completely. Whoever set up those highways and the way they connect was at least partially retarded.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 am 

CMontgomeryBurns wrote:
As long as you're moving faster in the left lane than the other lanes are moving, you are using the left lane properly.

Incorrect. The only reason you should ever be in the left lane is if you are in the process of passing someone. If you are not passing someone GET THE FUCK OVER TO THE RIGHT LANE.

Just because you are going "faster than the other lanes" doesn't mean there isn't someone behind you that WANTS TO GO FASTER THAN YOU.

Also, if you are stopped at a light and are planning on turning left (when there is no designated turn lane), TURN ON YOUR GODDAMNED TURN SIGNAL NOW, NOT WHEN THE LIGHT FINALLY TURNS GREEN. That way I know that I should move in to the right lane so I don't get stuck behind you.

Lastly, if you are on a curvy two-lane road with few opportunities for passing, and you are averaging 50MPH with people wanting to pass, don't fucking speed up to 70 the minute a clear stretch of road opens up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:14 am 

Saw a woman putting on eye makeup while driving through a tunnel the other day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 am 

Saw a little old lady going damn near 2 MPH and all over the road the other day. Elderly drivers worry me as much as anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:37 am 

Divided_Pie wrote:
CMontgomeryBurns wrote:
As long as you're moving faster in the left lane than the other lanes are moving, you are using the left lane properly.

Incorrect. The only reason you should ever be in the left lane is if you are in the process of passing someone.

Doesn't it stand to reason that if you are going faster than someone in the other lane, you are passing them?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:39 am 

huck_finn wrote:
Saw a little old lady going damn near 2 MPH and all over the road the other day. Elderly drivers worry me as much as anyone.

Olds should be road tested frequently and stringently.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:41 am 

manida wrote:

And yet none of that oversight appears to reduce the bad driving.

Hmmm...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:42 am 

antelope5 wrote:
Divided_Pie wrote:
CMontgomeryBurns wrote:

Incorrect. The only reason you should ever be in the left lane is if you are in the process of passing someone.

Doesn't it stand to reason that if you are going faster than someone in the other lane, you are passing them?

That's how I was looking at it. But I get what DividedPie is trying to say, it's not JUST that you're going faster, once you're past them, you get over and stop being in the left lane.

I was hoping people would have the sense to realize that if you're in the left lane, going faster than the other lanes, but no one is to your right and there's someone behind you trying to go faster, you move the fuck over. Although it is apparent from driving I shouldn't have had such hope.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:45 am 

Agreed on that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 am 

antelope5 wrote:
huck_finn wrote:

Olds should be road tested frequently and stringently.

They have to at some point, with people living longer the accident rate for this group is only going to get worse.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:59 am 

also, when driving 'right', the left lane is free for rabbits to flush out the coppers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:12 pm 

manida wrote:
they suck at driving bad? So they drive pretty well?

NICE!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:59 pm 

Somebody should do some profiling about distracted drivers, like age/sex/race etc but also what they are doing instead of paying attention/what they are driving to see what correlations can be made.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm 

need to hear garrison's take on bad drivers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:43 am 

Bump.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:57 am 

It's been mentioned numerous times already, but phones are a major cause of this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:00 am 

fanofthemule wrote:
need to hear garrison's take on bad drivers

It's probably the one time where we can agree that old white men are the problem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:21 pm 

Let it be known that phishingruven has serios road rage issues....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:37 pm 

drunkmfr07 wrote:
Let it be known that phishingruven has serios road rage issues....

I've never gotten out of my car like some people.... :lol: